• Seattle, WA
Votes |
Seattle/Tacoma Fix and Flip FULL PERMITS (bummer) Progress Meadow Rd

Tarl Yarber
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Apr 16 2015, 18:21

So this is my first post on the diaries and i thought i would start it with this property since it is one that i unfortunately have to do full permits on because of the location and the city inspectors have been watching it like a hawk waiting for some unsuspecting investor to buy it so that they can pounce on them.

Freddie Mac home near Tacoma WA.

Before stats:  4 Bed 2 Bath 1,537 Sqft with an Un-Finished 1041 sq/ft basement and 2 car detached garage, also includes a large pain in the butt 3 story chimney (basement to second floor).

Post Rehab: Will be a 5 bed 3.5 Bath 2,578 Sqft home.  Adding a full master suite on top floor with soaking tub and walk-in glass/tiled shower. Finishing entire basement, adding .5 bath there and a bed plus media room. Remove the three story chimney.

Deal stats: Purchase $150,000 CASH, rehab $75,000, Resale at $320,000. WA state has a 1.78% excise tax when reselling on top of property taxes, i pay 5% realtor fees, and then standard closing costs, etc. Projected Profit: $66,000 but i base everything on ROI% so that equates to cash on cash return of 28.9% so long as project doesnt get too crazy.

Before pics: I have plenty of before pics and i am done with the new framing and we are currently doing plumbing and electrical.  I will post a bit later the before pics and the current progress photos of the rehab. 

After removing the three story chimney, we found that the main floor walls separating the kitchen from living area had two load bearing walls.  We had to do a new beam but also replace 8 second floor floor joists so that they reached the new beam. Will have pics up later and progress pics as time continues.

We have another 60 days till completion.

Ugly front of the house...curb appeal will be fixed of course.

Loading replies...