• Flipper/Rehabber
  • York, UK
Votes |
Denver, CO Live/Work Rehab - Micki McNie

Account Closed
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • York, UK
Posted Apr 17 2015, 16:14

Alright, I'm going to try this deal diary thing out.  I'm one of those people who likes to have everything wrapped up so I can post a success story but this should be a fun process to go through so I'll bring you along with me. (I'll save my numbers til the end if you don't mind.)

Now that the Biker Bar is done I decided I would prefer to do deals closer to home and stuff I'm really passionate about.  What would meet that criteria here in Denver?  Small scale live/work that's super funky... basically my own personal dream home.

I immediately found a handful of candidates but the winner was on Federal near 10th.  This week we got under contract and have gone through environmental and mechanical due diligence - everything went well which makes me happy on the one hand but disappoints my inner negotiator who wanted some leverage on the price.  We're starting to work on drawings so we can get in line for permits which is going to take a while.

Going through this process on a building designated commercial is a bit more involved so I'm learning a lot. Fortunately a colleague who has experience really liked the project and is doing it with me.  Here's a little video of the space (apparently I'm a sucker for POS properties full of junk).  The vision is to create an industrial loft feel with an open plan.  The front 1/3 will be dedicated to office/commercial use and the back 2/3 will be living space, but the usage is flexible throughout.  We'll pop in a glass roller door to the back and create a zen garden and roof deck (which has killer views).  Stay tuned...

Loading replies...