Deal diary in Tucson

4 Replies

So just read Matt Carpenters deal diary, and my 1st thought was shock at how much he spent on his flip.Then as I processed it I realized we'd done about the same thing

Broadmore area of Tucson. Purchase price 75,000 investment 75,000,sale price of 220,000. Had to take it down to the bare walls,new roof,new electrical,removal of plaster 

walls.And this was our 2nd project.

Hi @Lisa Misuraca

Congrats on your second project! Did you guys already sell the property or is the project still underway? Matt Carpenter works on our team, and yes, that project you're referring to is definitely costly, and the house definitely needs a lot of work. 

What type of rehabs do you typically do? How long have you been doing this? 

Yes,already a done deal! We've been doing this about 3 years now,learning everyday.

Have one for sale now ,also a lot of work a hoarder house.And just purchased a duplex

and a single family home that's also an interesting project,very unique and can go a lot of different ways,gonna keep the duplex and wholesale the house or flip it.

Thanks for asking,Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Congrats on the sale!  

How long did it take from the time you purchased the property to the time you sold the property?

If you use loans to fund the purchase / rehab, what kind of rates are being charged in Arizona now?

Do you use a website to market the property?

Thanks.

No we are lucky and buy with cash,took 7 months to rehab.We don't have the pressure from a loan and it was like building a house from scratch.It sold in about 2 months and we used an agent and MLS. Thanks for asking,I quess I'm going from a newbie to actually having a little experience,wow!There is so much to learn,and so many different ways to go about this real estate business,it's fun and challenging .Lisa

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you