Question

12 Replies

Someone give me some info on this deal.

I am offering an investor 60% equity in a project and I receive 40%. The investor gets 60% of the profits for 15-20 years. So what is going on with no one taking this deal?

Not enough information. Is the ROI unrealistic? Maybe the 15-20 years is not appealing.

@Ricky White Like @Brian Tremaine said, there's not really enough info. And also, if you are trying to put together a deal where you're bringing in investors, 60% is probably a bit low of an equity stake for them. Typically, the investors should be getting an equity stake of 75%-80%. 

Also, your exit strategy, whether selling the property or refinancing and paying off your investors should be no more than about 7 years, with 5 years being more appealing to most.

Hope that helps some.

terrible way to start a thread.  you should get a do over.  thread title and question. 

Originally posted by @Brooks Rembert :

@Ricky White Like @Brian Tremaine said, there's not really enough info. And also, if you are trying to put together a deal where you're bringing in investors, 60% is probably a bit low of an equity stake for them. Typically, the investors should be getting an equity stake of 75%-80%. 

Also, your exit strategy, whether selling the property or refinancing and paying off your investors should be no more than about 7 years, with 5 years being more appealing to most.

Hope that helps some.

The project is a franchise motel. That has a gross income of $700,000 and is for sale but the owner not a broker he is asking $2,100,000 and that is with the property it sits on He said it appraises for more than he is asking. The owner wants to retire.

That does help me a lot guys thanks if I have any questions can I ask you guys

Ask the seller if he'll finance it to you.  Might be easier than finding a partner.

It all depends on the deal. If you have the deal of the century, you could keep 80% of it without putting any money in, but that is obviously extremely uncommon. Does this deal have a lot of equity in it? What's the expected return for the investor? The percentage split just doesn't tell enough about the deal to evaluate it.

Originally posted by @George P. :

terrible way to start a thread.  you should get a do over.  thread title and question. 

Why is this a terrible why to start a thread

Originally posted by @Brooks Rembert :

Hope that helps some.

Which would be a better investment for someone wanting to buy investment properties? Rentals such as multi-family or motel/hotel properties.

Originally posted by @Ricky White :
Originally posted by @George P.:

because you didn't bother adding any details in the title and most people won't bother even opening it. so you lost a large audience because the title just said "question". 

makes sense? 

Originally posted by @Ricky White:

because you didn't bother adding any details in the title and most people won't bother even opening it. so you lost a large audience because the title just said "question". 

makes sense? 

Yea but if I had put to much in there bp would have kicked it out

Originally posted by @Ricky White:

makes sense? 

Yea but if I had put to much in there bp would have kicked it out

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.