Votes
Esaul Viramontes
  • VENICE, FL
Votes |
First "Investor" Deal Done!!!

Esaul Viramontes
  • VENICE, FL
Posted Aug 6 2015, 13:27

Posting this not to brag, but rather to motivate all those who are just starting down this journey. First off, I have been doing R.E. as an agent for 12 years and have even completed one flip during this time. For a couple of years now I had been getting this "itch" to become an "Investor" agent. 

For about a year now I have visited the site and Listened to many podcasts. I give credit to this site for Many positive things that have come about it. For one, I now feel a lot more comfortable in dealing with "Investor" clients as I am now much more informed in how the "Investor" mind set works. Secondly, It made me much more confident in pulling the trigger once the DEAL came knocking by. Thirdly, the connections which I made through this site that made me feel more comfortable in Pulling the trigger.

I purposely am not going to Divulge too many details...for privacy reasons (feel free to PM if you'd like and I would be more than happy to divulge :) ) What I will say is this ...It was a roller coaster in which hell of a lot of learning was done.

The process took a few months and every week was different. One week excited about the closing....the next week feeling like..well this is turning out to be a huge waste! We Finally closed and funded last Friday and all the Mental anguish was gone once we saw what was in the bank account :)

Lessons Learned:

If you have A GREAT deal...things will fall into place. Had this just been an O.K. deal or mediocre deal this might have not come together at all. We had a Great Deal ..but no MONEY!!! hours scouring the internet and making phone calls opened up several opportunities for us. Being a Real Estate agent and knowing MY market inside and out was ALSO HUGE. Whenever I spoke with FOLKS I not only gave them the numbers ...I had the proof with my comps.  Over the years I have also become good at calculating costs for repairs which helped a lot! 

Probably the biggest lesson I learned was to ALWAYS have a Plan A. PLAN B. and at the very minimum a PLAN C.  This deal had its ups and downs...But Thankfully because of our various Strategies we were STILL able to come out on top ....Moral of the story: If it TRULY is a "GREAT" deal you can make it happen and ALWAYS have back up plans for your Back plans! Again sorry if its a little Too vague...but feel free to PM me. Hope it helps anyone whos in the same boat and Happy Investing Yall! :) :) :)