• Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
First substantial loss

Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Posted Aug 15 2015, 09:07

I have closed a property yesterday that I took a hit on... it was my first loss in 3 years and over 250 transactions that I funded.

Take away...

BP member good talker bad in execution.. I went and met with him in Atlanta again talked good game... But I got a little greedy I will admit and I tried a scheme that was not known or proven to me.. and he failed miserably.. I ended up taking over the project. One shinning light is I met a nice RE agent in Atlanta who went above and beyond to help me sell this property...

So my record last 3 years is 249 +  1 -  but it was not a wipe out but it was not 500 dollars either.

be careful out there just because someone is on BP does not an expert make or create a person of great character... Having been a HML for almost 30 years I have had it happened before and I usually have a pretty good sense of who to do deals with and who to avoid and most of my Vendors I have known for 10 plus years... So I will be more diligent if I bring on a new vendor again.. and for sure will not get lulled into thinking being on BP is some barometer of well being LOL... myself included.

Loading replies...