Mobile homes Connecticut ? Worth it ?

2 Replies

Buying up decent mobile homes ??? Can you get mortgages for them ? Good idea bad idea ? Only bad I can think of is perhaps the type of people willing to live in mobile homes ??? I was going to do a veteran discount in hopes of attracting older people or military because I am so close to a sub base ? Does anyone have any success with mobile homes ?? Any help would be amazing .... I also have my real estate license so id be saving on commission also as a WIN.

Hi, @Amanda Comeau !

I don't have an educated answer on this subject, but I do know there have been at least a couple of podcasts on the topic in general (check the blogs, too). There admittedly are not many mobile home parks in CT, but it certainly seems an affordable way to go for folks who wouldn't otherwise be able to buy a house in this pricy state. And if it's a nice unit in a well maintained park, seems like it would potentially work for a rental, too. But again, I'll leave the real answers to those who know what they're talking about here!

Podcasts:

#111, with Jefferson Lilly (mobile home parks): http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/06/19...

#75, with John Fedro (mobile homes): http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/06/19...

Hey @Amanda Comeau , I know there are many creative aspects that come along with investing in mobile homes, although I'm not familiar with mobile homes in CT specifically. I can recommend these 2 podcasts that focus on the acquisition and business of owning mobile home parks:

BP Podcast #75

BP Podcast #111

I'm interested in the answers others have too!

Updated almost 3 years ago

Edit: Karen beat me to it! Had my post typed out and forgot to hit send.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.