Latest Rehab Purchase

42 Replies

This is our latest rehab purchase. We closed on it this past Monday (8/24/15). Over the past week we have been buying material and hiring all the trades we need. Work gets started tomorrow (8/31/15)!

We will be using:

• Contractor 
  • Roofer
  • Carpet Installer
  • Painter

It is a 3 bed / 2 bath @ 1,645 square feet. The property is located in Middletown, CT. The property is in great shape and it will be a quick rehab! We are shooting to hustle and bustle and finish it up by mid-September. 

Purchase: $143,000

Rehab: $30,000

ARV: $230,000

I made a little video of the property. I plan to do more of them throughout the process. (I am uploading it soon)****

The Exterior:

The roof is getting redone tomorrow, Monday 8/31/15. 

The exterior is getting a paint job this week.

New Front door will be put in.

New Landscaping

New lights

New mailbox

The Kitchen:

We will be adding new stainless dishwasher and microwave, a backsplash, new lighting, white trim, and new wall paint. Also, will be changing the faucet.

Overall, it is in good condition - just needs some sprucing up!

New refrigerator - stainless to match (seen in video)

New backsplash

New lighting

There is some drywall to be repaired - but, nothing major. Trim will be painted white, new wall paint, railings will be painted white. New lighting

We are going to paint the fireplace a bit darker to match the new wall paint. 

We will be putting new carpet in. White trim/railings. New lighting.

Updated over 2 years ago

Here is an intro video of the latest project about to begin! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqpjefx-jJM

@Joe Fairless Thanks.

Especially so at this time of the year. A quick rehab will be good timing to list for beginning of fall. I heard it's going to be a bad winter!

@Griffin Fehrs , looks like a pretty straightforward project. The 1-day roofing video you uploaded was pretty awesome too.

How many projects have you worked on? Is this your first in Middletown? I just moved to Middletown so I am going to have to keep an eye out for this property!

Feel free to message me if you want to connect.

@Griffin Fehrs , good stuff. Thanks for posting the videos. 

Do you have your own crew or is it all subs? 

@Griffin Fehrs Thanks for posting Griffin.  Looks like a fun project.  Great house with some nice profit potential.   How did you find your house?

Ted Morrett, More Than A Carpenter, Inc | [email protected] | 317‑388‑8890

@Ted Morrett Thank Ted. It definitely is. I became aware of this property through a wholesaler!

Exterior Paint has begun. Should be finished up today, Friday 9/4!

I bet the neighbors love the primer look!

Looks nice...ill be following this thread to see the end result....

keep up the good work

Looking Good Griffin job well done thanks for sharing

Interior paint is underway over the next couple days. Trim is painted white. Walls are getting their first coat today. Going to start looking a lot different inside which is exciting.

Had our plumbing inspection yesterday which went well. Now, we can finish up the bathrooms! 

Over the weekend I did worked on some small projects like repairing some rotten decking and putting up blinds throughout the house.

Interior has been painted.

Color is Cedar Key by Benjamin Moore

Here is a video of our weekend work!

https://youtu.be/9IiMVWE82V4

Hit a couple minor snags throughout the past week. Had a rough plumbing inspection and for one of the bathrooms we need to add an access panel into the wall. 

Also, when we opened up the box to one of the bathroom vanities, the vanity top was cracked and damaged so that has to be exchanged.

Other than that, the carpet was put in this past Friday, really cleaning up the space. 

Over the next week, we are just tying up loose ends like putting some new lights in.

Staging will be here on Monday.

I should have some finished pictures by the end of the week!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you