• Educator and Investor
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
West End Atlanta Flip 30310

Lynn Angus
  • Educator and Investor
  • Decatur, GA
Posted Oct 27 2015, 16:27

Had an offer accepted on a house in Historic West End ATL...maybe a house that no one else wanted?  865 Rose Circle -- I know part of the pass-over may have been location, but with the Beltline coming in, the access to the Marta, and the fact that some rehabs on White St. and other surrounding streets are happening, I'm excited. This is our first flip, so of course we have doubters. We are getting bids at the end of this week. I've been studying comps, both listed and sold, and am curious about biggest bang for my buck, specifically in these areas (right now it's a 4/2):

1. Prioritize "Open concept" -- the kitchen is currently separated from the front room by a bedroom. Could open up that bedroom and then would have a 3/2 with open concept. BUT the master would have a jack and jill bath (or if we had an exclusive master, 2 of the bedrooms would only have a bathroom across the house)

2. Prioritize Master suite -- is this more important than open concept?  We could keep the master suite, and make one of the tiny bedrooms an eat-in kitchen.  A 3/2 with a master suite and a decent kitchen. Kitchen and eat-in area are separate from the front living area.

3. Prioritize # of Bedrooms - If we have a small master suite and a small kitchen with no eat-in area, we would still have a 4/2. (front room, shotgun hallway with bedrooms on each side, kitchen in the back. This would be the simplest and cheapest, but also a lower ARV, I'm sure.

Interested in opinions, especially from Atlantans who have tried to sell in West End. We think we can have an ARV of 175k or higher.

Thanks!

Lynn

Loading replies...