What's the hardest part of real estate investments

4 Replies

Well the hardest part of real estate is getting started in real estate investing my main problem is funding / raising capital for my need as well as finding buyers ... Please share advice and/or your story

Lombosco,

The hardest thing for me, getting started was having the confidence to pull the trigger on my first deal.  At that point, with experience, pulling the trigger became a matter of looking at the numbers. 

As far as acquiring capital, my first fix and flip was a part of a partnership.  I was a very small partner (a sweat equity partner).  Then, I told everyone what I was doing, that I was doing a flip, how it went and where I was going from there.  There are A LOT of people who are getting CRUSHED by the stock market right now and earning NOTHING in money markets.  They are looking for alternative investments.  

Someone once told me, if you find a good deal, the money will find you.  AKA, find such a good deal, put it together and go to real estate clubs and market your deal.  HUSTLE.

Good luck!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you