Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Shane Woods
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Weatherford, TX
Votes |
Craftsman Full Gut & 2nd Story Addition!

Shane Woods
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Weatherford, TX
Posted Feb 6 2016, 15:08

Howdy!  This isn't "My" deal, but I get to be directly involved, and part of the process.  I am working part time with an HVAC contractor who has started remodeling 100 year old houses as a "hobby".  It doesn't make him the margin some accomplished flippers achieve here, but what they do with these houses is amazing!

This particular house was purchased for cash.  He has an agent that he works with (sadly before I got my license) whom he asked to door-knock about this house.  Sure enough, the owners were old and ready to sell.  It was in really rough shape.  Nearly every surface in the house will need to be touched, and in some cases gutted down to the dirt.  I will post lots of pics along the way.

The house was purchased at the end of last year.  I've been involved since the 2nd week of January, working in Sketchup to model the house as is existed, then work up plans for the new layout.  So plumbers, framers, the city, etc. will have what they need.  Meeting with the project manager, owner & his wife nearly daily to talk about options and changes, and take pics of te transformation. 

Getting paid to learn Sketchup on the fly, and learn the ins and outs of a ground-up full gut renovation along the way!  

Loading replies...