Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
And The Winner Of The Free BP Duplex is…..

Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Feb 13 2016, 06:59

My wife and I are extremely grateful for @Jay Hinrichs deciding to partner with us on this. We know that it’s a huge opportunity for us and those of you following this project. 

The Duplex:

I will be updating this thread with pictures of the property later today. It is located in the heart of Kokomo IN about 30 minutes North of Carmel. It’s set up as unit one downstairs and unit two upstairs. There are a few other renovations actually occurring on the same street. Projected rent will be $550 per side. As the property currently sits it’s vacant and needs some TLC. Our Ballpark estimate is somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k in renovation costs. The property has extremely solid “bones” but needs all of the “finishing” touches to make it livable.

Which Charity did we pick?

My wife and I settled on A21.org. We have financially supported them in the past and they are a great organization. If you want to learn more about what they do check out their website. Their goal is to end human trafficking in the 21st century by partnering with local and national law enforcement agencies, shelters, and individuals.

What you can expect!

By accepting the responsibility of this project I will be updating you guys with everything from: before/after shots, budgets, time frames, the leasing process, and even long term financials.

If you have ANY questions at all do not hesitate to ask! The goal of this project is to make it a learning experience for anyone following along.

Thank you Jay for the opportunity and@Brandon Turner/@Joshua Dorkin for all you guys do to make this a great community. Make sure to follow this thread. It's going to be a fun one. 

Loading replies...