Hello! Flip from Lakewood, CA

2 Replies

Another thread created to share different ideas on your projects.  Market is cooling down a bit as always this time of year, so it's crucial to pay extra attention to details and quality.  These buyers know they are paying a premium for property right now and they know there are plenty of investors flipping homes.

This house was purchased and looked to be a long time owner (due to items left, and i don't know much of the acquisition of deals just the renovating) and the home was so cluttered with overgrown landscape, and interior was dated.

Some things we did, I may miss a few but we usually do everything.

-New roof
-New windows and doors
-New hvac with AC
-New laminate and carpet flooring
-New bath, tile, vanity, tub, fixtures etc
-New shaker cabinets, quartz tops, kitchen fixtures etc.
-New drop down range and appliances
-Interior and exterior paint and if needed texture
-New irrigation, sod, mulch, plants etc.
-Convert single car to double
-New concrete parking pad

July 13 start, Photo and finished August 5. Not bad for time frame but could of been better.

Enjoy the photos! Comment and questions welcome.

Nice! Great job! Used to live in Lakewood myself, so it's great to see such a beautiful transformation :) Would you mind going into detail about the landscaping in the front and back yards? 

Mods this can be moved to Rehabbing forum if needed.

@Vickie Y. We just replaced irrigation in the front, worked the soil, flattened, then added sod. We took down the front fence, and decided to remove the roses not grown in. Planter boxes just got black mulch, and added some plants. We usually only stick to green plants, nothing with color.

Backyard was clean up, remove shed, remove patio cover. Planter boxes for mulch and plants. Sod in back, and planter wall was the owner's idea and I just put it together with some help from one of the guys. I hung the hooks and plants with my 4 year old daughter!

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you