Yucca Valley, buy, fix, airbnb.

4 Replies

This is my first time investing.

Here are the numbers:

house : $57,000

repair + decoration : $50,000 

After Repair Value : $125,000

the house is in a tourst area of Joshua tree National Park and many other desert attractions.

right now,

HERE IS THE LISTING:         https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14652390

Airbnb average monthly income : $ 2700

yearly revenue : $ 32,000

I have put in a full RV hook up about 100 feet away from the back yard on our 2.5 acres of land so I can put a trailer on the property with full hook up and rent that out on Airbnb as well. that will give me an extra income of 

extra monthly income: $ 1300

extra yearly revenue : $ $15,000

TOTAL final goal of income of this venture

YEARLY revenue: $47,000

I have purchased my CASITA 16' trailer and in the work of fixing it up. this is happening soon:)

I am in Escrow with my 2nd deal...hoping to post this to keep my motivation going as I built many of the artistic features myself in the rentals because THAT'S what makes guest DESIRE my space. It is the heart felt design and labor of love that SELLS in my case:) and I LOVE WORKING WITH MY HAND:) i also love assets so I thought this would be a perfect system for me:)

BEFORE

AFTER : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14652390

I aim to create beautiful and unique experiences that shapes great memories for my guests.

Cheers everyone,

LET'S DO IT AND THEN SOME!

@WEN HAN , what a beautiful desert oasis you've created. Congratulations! I would totally love to stay here. For a place with your design and proximity to cool things, your price seems exceedingly reasonable. Is that what Airbnbs are going for in that area? 

James Carlson, Real Estate Agent in CO (#FA.100071747 )

Excellent work! I love that you had a vision for that junky little house and executed it. The Doodle Inn shows very well in pictures and even better, has pretty good cash flow. 

Jake Knight

Originally posted by @James Carlson :

@WEN HAN , what a beautiful desert oasis you've created. Congratulations! I would totally love to stay here. For a place with your design and proximity to cool things, your price seems exceedingly reasonable. Is that what Airbnbs are going for in that area? 

I am using Beyond Pricing right now. I realize that I am still 15 to 20 % lower than my comps. I am more concerned about getting higher occupancy and will try to raise price slowly market rate. 

Thanks for the comment! 

@WEN HAN , that's a great strategy. Reviews are one of the few factors Airbnb has publicly said go into their search ranking algorithm. I always started my prices about 20% lower as well, got a few great reviews and then bumped up the price. 

Keep it up. 

James Carlson, Real Estate Agent in CO (#FA.100071747 )

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.