Votes
Mark Sloan
  • Dallas, GA
Votes |
Title Company Vs. Seller's Attorney - Wholesale Help Please

Mark Sloan
  • Dallas, GA
Posted Nov 3 2016, 12:15

Hey guys I would love if someone could please help me. I've decided to jump right into real estate wholesaling and I've found a property to put under contract. The seller explained that there are liens and that he was willing to let it go for the amount to cover the liens.

I was able to confirm the liens due with the county so I sent the seller the contract with the amount.

Before he is willing to sign it the seller told me that his attorney advised that I call him. I called his attorney and he explained to me the lien amount (which I already knew) and that there was a possible mortgage issue from the 1970's that could be proven with documents from the seller or it not he could *override* it. i can't remember the exact term but the context makes me believe that what it is. i didn't want to sound like a newbie since it was the seller's attorney ;/ 

He offered to do the transaction for me

but my only issue is that my contract states that I would be given a 14 day inspection period. I explained to him that I was considering someone else  and that I'd get back to him to give him time

Because of the issues with the title does he have to do it? Or can I tell the seller he can sign the contract and the title company/buyer's attorney can work out the issues? 

The attorney was kinda pushy. I told him about my 14 day inspection period and he said he imagined that the seller would want to close much sooner than that. I kinda don't want to work with someone who rushes like that. 

I really appreciate the help in advance. I feel very confident and I refuse to let this be an obstacle that stops me

Thanks.

Also, I'm in Atlanta if that helps. Thanks!!!

Loading replies...