42% return on my investment- Low Income Housing

4 Replies

Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just closed on my 4th house. We purchased this house with $7,000 cash. I am estimating $3,000 in updates/repairs. Market rent is $772/month but I plan to rent it for $700/month.

Using the 50% rule for expenses, which is more like 30% for me, is giving me a return of 42%.

$700/month x 12 months= $8,400

Divided by 50% for expenses= $4,200

Purchase price of $7,000 with $3,000 in repairs gives me an all in budget of $10,000.

$4,200/$10,000 is 42%.

I invest strictly for cash flow.

Originally posted by @Roger S. :

Crud, I didn't notice you already accounted for expenses.  That's even better.  Way to go.

Yeah, I always try to account for 50% even though I keep it well below that. I pay cash for my properties so mortgage payment isn't a problem for me, and I manage my properties myself.

I don't plan to always manage them though, so I account for it in my analysis each time.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you