I am.................A REAL ESTATE INVESTOR!!!

15 Replies

Hello:

I joined BP on June 25, 2017.  What a great find this community was.  It helped me learn so much and meet so many great people.

Well, I closed on my first investment property today.  I went under agreement on August 1, 2017.  We had a few hiccups but the sellers were great and we came away with a win-win.

I purchased a 4-unit apartment building here in South Florida.  All 4 units are 3/2's and the seller even raised the rent while we were under contract.

I found a great PM in the area and we worked well together during the AOS process.

I just want to thank everyone here and especially the crew in the Delray Coffee Club for all their help and support.

I am already shopping for my next deal and I won't be stopping there!

Thank you,

Bob

Nice @Bob Razler . How did you find the property and how did you finance it? Asking out of curiosity.

Hello @Jacob Kelley .  

I actually got lucky and found it on the MLS. I just happened to get my offer in quickly after their first offer fell through.

I have since moved to focus more on driving for dollars and have sent direct mail out to areas I have identified.

I did conventional financing.  25% down.

Bob

@Bob Razler This is awesome! Congratulations. Every massive portfolio starts with the first purchase. Keep building that empire...

Thanks @Jon Huber .  

You and the Delray group have been great.  I could not have done it without the team.  I am looking forward to the next meeting!

Bob

Awesome! Congrats! I am looking forward to hearing more about it.

Congrats Bob, that's awesome! Did the seller raise rents through property improvements, or simply increase them to market rate?

Hello @Michael Bishop .  

She just raised them to closer to market rents.  The 3 tenants have been there for 30, 20 and 16 yrs.

Bob

@Bob Razler

I could not make it; I spent my day in the hospital.

I'm pretty sure it was a great meeting.  

Originally posted by @Oscar Jacome :

@Bob Razler

I could not make it; I spent my day in the hospital.

I'm pretty sure it was a great meeting.  

Hello @Oscar Jacome 

I hope all is well!!!

Bob

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.