• Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
DIY Pittsburgh PA Flip Update

Alexander Hamilton
  • Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Nov 10 2017, 00:59

Here is a quick update of my current project. I am finishing up a SFR flip in the Upper Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh. I purchased this 2bd 1ba for 78k and will be all in for around 145k. Comps are about 225k but there are a lot of houses on the market. Prior to starting this project earlier this year I was investing in Oregon before I relocated to PA for greater opportunities. This is my first complete gut and experience with plaster and lathe. This property was built in 1900 so all the knob and tube, window weights, and true 2x4's were fun to see. The bones are very solid so only a little framing was necessary but everything else is new from the ground up. The main feature downstairs was removing two walls (one load bearing) and leaving the 100 year old fireplace free standing. I ran electrical for the tv to be mounted in the living room and usb plugs where I'll be mounting a "coffee bar" on the kitchen side of the fireplace. I am a contractor by trade and decided to take this project on by myself, although it was way slower it gave me time to learn the Pittsburgh market and build some local relationships. The plan is to hit the market at the first of spring priced to sell and dive right back into the game picking up a couple more projects. The only difference is that I will be licensed as GC in PA and tackling all future projects with my crew with a strict timeline. I'm always looking to network and partner with local investors so please feel free to reach out and give any feedback.

Alexander

Loading replies...