Investors in Rochester, NY here?

55 Replies

@L. Matthew Perry @Aqil Dharamsey @Hyun W. Lee @Matty P. @Matt Harris @Larry T.

I would love not to miss Wednesday and Thursday this week, but I won’t be in town. I might be in Sunday this weekend or if any coming events for investors in Rochester. I’m one and differently would love to connect with other.

Mike

Hello all! I am a brand newbie looking to invest in Rochester area as well, from California. I'm a teacher, worked very hard to save and my husband and I have a new baby, so I'm very eager to have a good experience. I've sent colleague requests to many people in this thread.

@Aqil Dharamsey @Hyun W. Lee @Matty P.@Matt Harris @Larry T. I would absolutely love to be involved in a meet up via video chat and pick all of your brains :).

Thanks in advance! Glad I stumbled across this thread.

Anne Cantwell 

Btw, I have about 45k to invest and it's my first experience, so nervous/conservative mindset. But eager to learn.

Anne,

Welcome--If you have specific questions feel free to DM

@Anne Cantwell :

@Aqil Dharamsey @Hyun W. Lee @Matty P.@Matt Harris @Larry T

Hello All, I am also a new investor looking to aquire my first property in the next few months. I would love to be a part of any virtual meet-up efforts that we can organize. Look forward to hearing from you all. -Kelvin

Originally posted by @Anne Cantwell:

Hello all! I am a brand newbie looking to invest in Rochester area as well, from California. I'm a teacher, worked very hard to save and my husband and I have a new baby, so I'm very eager to have a good experience. I've sent colleague requests to many people in this thread.

@Aqil Dharamsey @Hyun W. Lee @Matty P.@Matt Harris @Larry T. I would absolutely love to be involved in a meet up via video chat and pick all of your brains :).

Thanks in advance! Glad I stumbled across this thread.

id really love to get some advice on the specifics of investing in Rochester. I met some investors from my area in California who are successfully renting to students and Id like to use their management system and advice to model from. But id like input on strategies when looking at various property choices for sale. Is anybody familiar with renting in the 19th ward? I noticed reasonable prices there, which I might be able to buy in cash, but I wouldnt want to end up with a headache to manage in a stressful area. Ive also been considering the 14623 Henrietta area.

Id like some guidance on what to ask the real estate agent Ive introduced myself to. Does anybody have some articles on here to suggest so I can read up on inspections and choosing a SFR or duplex wisely?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.