McCallum Street Duplex

6 Replies

Today we will be demoing in apartment 2:

-Removing cabinets and flooring.

-Opening up a wall in the kitchen to turn a pantry into a nook for the fridge. This will improve the kitchen layout.

-Moving a doorway to one of the bathrooms to improve the layout of the bathroom.

-Removing all tile and fixtures in the master bathroom.

-Taking measurements and making drawings for the new kitchen layouts.

My mason will also be breaking up and removing the damaged concrete around the property, and pouring new.

I was able to do a little more demo today before and after showing a buyer-client a couple of houses. We are able to expand the kitchen by opening up a wall and stealing some previously un-used space that used to be over an internal staircase.

Found a spare hour after work and son's bedtime and finished off the last of the kitchen demo.

Looks great! Going to follow along

I'm working with "Mr. Icky Poo" to break down the cat urine odor in apartment 2. Made progress, but still more to come. 3 gallons are being delivered today.

The new cement patio has been poured. Did some more demo in apartment 2 kitchen, and some framing.

Trying to find a contractor to help me rebuild my outside steps. If they can do the stringers I can do the rest.

I reached out to a company that lets you use their coin-op washers and dryers for a revenue share. Waiting to hear back from them. The laundry room is small: one washer one dryer.

Had my roofer/window guy come out to get measurements. Still waiting to hear back from him, but his work will include: repairing a few sections of roof, reshingling one side of the mansard roof, metal capping all window trim, replacing a few broken window sashes, getting screens made for all windows, routing gutters to the appropriate drains.

Progress has been slow because I only get a few hours in a few days per week after my school day. And the last 2 weekends have been so busy with family stuff I haven't been able to spend much time there. Also my primary contractor was already booked when we got this house so he's been sending a guy or two over, here and there when he can.

But I made another video, mostly because my students kept asking me to. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/amkG9kJ3nw8

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide