Votes
Alex Peralta
  • Stuart, FL
Votes |
Oceanpointe and Morris Invest

Alex Peralta
  • Stuart, FL
Posted May 15 2018, 07:27

With all the info coming out about Oceanpointe I thought id give my recent dealings. I purchased a property through Morris Invest about a year and a half ago. I may have gotten lucky because everything went smooth at first. I closed fairly quick, renovations completed and a tenant moved in within a couple months of purchase. I did this as a trial to see how a turn key property deal was like. Last month no rent. rent. We got an invoice for $0. A quick email from OP stated that the tenant had not paid rent. After that no contact or communication at all. Phone calls went unanswered and eventually i got a full voicemail message. At that point we decided to try and quickly change companies. I am not sure of Oceanpointes status now. I sent an email and certified letter terminating our agreement. I also sent a letter to the address. I was trying to get in touch with the tenant and advise them that they should no longer deal with OP and our new PM would be making contact. The tenant called back. They had been living there since the beginning. We never had a tenant change over but OP still charged me a clean up fee and a new tenant fee. We also learned today that a guy named Louis with Oceanpointe kicked the door in thinking it was vacant. OP refused to fix their mistake and told the tenant they had to pay for it. We have now found a new company that seems to be very responsive and will give my reviews once we've had a few months to get a feel for them.

A quick search shows Natalie Bastin as the owner of Oceanpointe Investments. I am curious if she has not started up another company doing the same thing?

Loading replies...