Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Hollingshead
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Roswell, NM
Votes |
5000 dollar profit on flip and I'm upset!

Aaron Hollingshead
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Roswell, NM
Posted Jun 13 2018, 12:45

So, I just closed on the sale of my 4th flip house in the last 2 years and I made 5000 dollars.  I was thinking it would be a quick 10-20k profit and after it was all said and done, I find myself reflecting on a few mistakes made along the way!  

First...I was so eager to get my cash working for me, I settled for a good...but not great deal.  I thought was that it would be quick and straight forward with a small margin so why not go for it.  

I now realize that I made two mistakes with this investment.  First, I undervalued the opportunity cost.  I sat by and watched a couple of better deals pass by without any cash in hand because of the money I had wrapped up in this deal.  Second, I think that I lost sight of my goals.  Only making 5,000 dollars feels like a defeat but it made me realize that I need to develop a laser focus on what I hope to accomplish.  Basically, this made me realize that I need to define my goals a bit more clearly...anybody else felt like a failure after making 5k?  I regularly hear that you WILL lose money on a deal in this business if you stick with it long enough...I hope to avoid that!  

Loading replies...