• Developer
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Planning to launch a "Look Alike" marketing campaign

Marcus Bledsoe
  • Developer
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Aug 18 2018, 16:18

I recently bought three rentals, two on the same street in Kirby, TX which is a suburb of San Antonio. One is in Converse, TX which is also a suburb of San Antonio. 

I got great deals on all three of these properties and I would like to have others in the same areas that are all similar properties to the ones I already own. My goal is to be up to 30 units by December of 2019.

So what I did was created a list of properties that mirror these three in square footage, year built, appraised value and area. My plan is to send direct mail to these homeowners offering to purchase their properties. I also plan to skip trace this list and call the owners directly. 

My pitch will be something like:

"Hi, My name is Marcus. I'm calling to let you know I recently purchased a home in your area. I'm calling to see If you would consider an offer on your home or if you would like a free, no obligation analysis of your home's value based on what other properties are selling for in the area."

I know Realtors often make, "Just Listed" calls or "Just Sold" calls to the areas they are farming. Just wondering if any other investors have done the same thing.

Loading replies...