Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Chad Carrodus
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Here's an opportunity you don't see every day!

Chad Carrodus
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Aug 23 2018, 10:22

CliffNotes Version

• Generous profit share opportunity in exchange for advice
  • Ongoing flow of private lending opportunities
  • Confidently invest in the booming metro Atlanta market––regardless of where you live––and have the vast resources and local intel of a lifelong area native

Some Details and Context

I am a technology entrepreneur, as I most recently co-founded an app. I love my job and what I do, but my long term goal is to shift my career into real estate after this startup is acquired and possibly dabble in local or state politics. That's an entirely different story, but I'd like to get my feet wet in real estate because I've been watching it from the sidelines for what seems to be my entire life. I was born and raised in one of Atlanta's northern suburbs (Marietta/East Cobb) and have extensive knowledge of the schools, neighborhoods, areas, etc. I truly do love this area and as a lifelong resident, it's so exciting see the growth. But as a businessman, the idea of being on the ground floor of something that's growing so much is even more exciting. That's where you come in.

I find myself always looking for deals for fun, but as I keep finding them and realize the potential, I just had to start getting in on them. So that's what I did. 

I have a friend who's getting started as an Realtor on an established team here in Atlanta and she's super eager to build her pipeline. She set me up an FMLS portal and I found a handful of properties that I will be running comps on and looking at in person. All of the properties I'm finding are really just in need of cosmetic fixes (from what I can tell so far) and the sellers are in some sort of distressed/special circumstance.

With that being said, I'd love to find a partner to guide me through the process of finding/structuring private lending (or being the lender yourself), calculating an offer, and generally advising me on the investment. Basically a mentor with equity.

I think this would be beneficial to this person for a variety of reasons. For the sake of explanation, let's just say this person is YOU. I am willing to offer a generous percent of net profit for your guidance and if you were to also serve as the private lender, you would profit on that end as well. I would directly manage the project and do all the "dirty work" it entails...plus, since I am physically in the Atlanta area, we would minimize labor costs by having me be the one to lay sod/paint/clean/personally oversee reno. Also, I am very well connected in the area so for the things I can't do...I know someone who can, leaving the job to be done well for a fair price.

It'd be a great source of passive income (more or less) for you, in exchange for a couple hours of your time answering questions and injecting some input throughout the process. Because I've been researching this for years in my spare time and reading books, podcasts, networking, doing a down to the studs reno on my own house, etc., I can say with confidence I have a solid understanding of what needs to be done and how to do it. However, I am also the first person to acknowledge that to fully understand something you need to actually do it. The best way to "do it" is to give someone whose done it vested interest.

Plus, you never know. It may be the beginning to an ongoing and lucrative partnership.

Who do I need to connect with?

Loading replies...