• Southern Pines, NC
Votes |
House #6 through Facebook!

Brett Campbell
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Southern Pines, NC
Posted Nov 12 2018, 18:19

Hello BP!

It's been a while since my last post, but I have been very busy the last two months as we are nearing the end of 2018. This past Friday I put my 6th property under contract! Once I close this property, I have reached my goal for 2018. Doubling my portfolio from 3  to 6 properties.

Here's the story:

March of this year I moved into a property that I purchased to fix it up while living in. The first week there I noticed the house behind me was vacant and the door had been kicked in. Curious, I decided to walk through the property and it appeared whoever was living there up and left. 

Fast forward 8 months and the property is still sitting empty and now the yard completely overgrown. I decided to try and get in touch with the owners to see what their plan was. I have never sent mailers, but I thought this would be a good opportunity. Unfortunately, the address was not updated on the county records website. After brainstorming, I decided to search their names on Facebook. To my surprise I was able to find them, rather easily at that! We even had mutual friends because she is a realtor in Tennessee lol.

I quickly sent her a message to see if they had any interest selling the property. Within minutes I had a response, yes. We exchanged phone numbers. I sent her pictures (about 25) of the current condition and I had a signed contract in 2 days! 

I will be aiming to double up again in 2019, which means I will be looking into multifamily properties next. Exciting, but nerve-racking!

Thanks for reading,

Brett Campbell

Loading replies...