• Charleston, SC
Votes |
Can Claritin D = BRRRR?

Justin Famulari
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Jan 29 2019, 19:11

It all started with the common cold.

It was 8:45pm last night and I had just put my 2-year old daughter down, it was time to try and beat this sickness and get some serious rest. I fumbled around the medicine cabinet for anything that would clear my sinuses; to my relief I found one Claritin-D pill. I popped it in and swallowed it down with some high quality H2O...it was time to get some serious rest.

I was sleeping by 9:45pm but to my surprise I woke up at 2:45am, wide awake. My mind wandered steadily through the properties I had been analyzing the day prior...none of them good deals...not a chance...there are no good deals in this market...or was there maybe that one with the blue roof...nah...that one didn't have a high enough ARV...but wait that other one in the nicer neighborhood...nope...that one didn't have a high enough rent to justify...what about that Triplex that has been siting on the market a couple of months...WAIT, that Triplex has been sitting on the market a couple of months!

I popped out of bed and headed through the darkness, stumbling around children’s toys, on my way to the computer in the other room. I flipped open the lid and squinted at the bright light from the display. It was 3:59am, I was sick, clearly it was time to run some numbers on the property. Buy. Rehab. Rent. Refinance. Repeat.

The numbers in my spreadsheet started to fill in one by one until I had just one left, the all important monthly rental income. Searching for rental comps on Trulia quickly gave the answers I was looking for. Input. Enter. Done...

I scanned the numbers...blink, blink...it worked...the numbers actually worked!

My day was supposed to start at 7am, but it was only 4:30...why the heck was I awake?! I breathed deep, no sinus pressure...I get a hunch that maybe it was the medicine. A three-second google search leads me to this wonderful headline: Claritin-D Known to Cause Insomnia.

Well there you have it; Claritin-D = BRRRR.

I called my rock-star real estate agent this morning (of course I had to wait a couple of hours, not to be rude at 5am).

We have a showing tomorrow...wish me luck!

Loading replies...