Farmville, Virginia Flip

6 Replies

This was one of our first flips but one of my favorites as well. Maybe it will inspire someone else to complete their flip. 

Purchased off market for $19,900

Remodel Costs: $70,000

Sold on MLS in 45 days for $112,000

Nice looking flip! Just drove through Farmville today, I'm always curious how many active investors there are in such areas. Did you factor in transaction costs into your numbers?

@Taylor L. glad you made it through town. Let me know if you come back through and I'll take you to lunch! There doesn't seem to be a lot of investors doing flips but we have a huge rental market with both colleges. We did factor out holding and transaction costs in, I just didn't break it out that far. 

@Robert Bodmer this was our second flip that we completed a few years back so it took about six months to complete. I was a very new investor and we had only completed one other gut job prior to this. I'm glad we have some better systems down now because that one was stressful!

Hi Ben, wonderful looking place you made. I'm relatively new trying to find off market properties for flip. Would you suggest where should I look for? I'm looking around my area Northern VA, but haven't seen any yet.

Thanks much,

@Nimra Muhammad unfortunately NOVA is a monster of it's own. You should find a real estate agent that works specifically with investors and have them send you some listings. Know your numbers and what you can afford to invest. I wish I could be of more help but I'm investing down here in the less crazy part of the state! Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here