Votes |
Week 2/Researching Markets,Finding an agent

Jonathan Lubenko
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fiddletown, CA
Posted Jul 15 2019, 16:29

Hello everybody,

I just finished my first week in the 90 day journal of intention and I made some good progress towards my real estate goals.

Goal 1. Find a real estate market

This task was made a lot easier by referencing the spreadsheet that @JonathanSchwartz created which provides a great analysis of a towns growth and development. I also analyzed each city on the list in terms of vacancy rate, price to rent ratio and a median home value that was within my price range. I settled on three different markets that I will dive into researching more thoroughly this week and bring it down to just one. Once I'm focused in on one market I'll start looking for a good real estate agent in that area and hopefully start getting some leads coming in to analyze.

Does this seem like a good progression towards my ultimate goal of buying a property in 90 days? Any tips or tricks on finding a high performing agent?

The one thing I had trouble with this past week was finding time to work on my real estate knowledge. I usually listen to 1 or 2 podcasts a day at work but I need to find more time after work to read/research. To make more time for myself I'm going to plan on doing nothing after work two days of the week and dedicating that time solely to real estate. We'll see how this week goes.

Thanks for reading,

Jonny

Loading replies...