Votes
David Ripplinger
  • Layton, UT
Votes |
Just finished a trip to Indy

David Ripplinger
  • Layton, UT
Posted Nov 23 2019, 13:55

I just had a pleasant and useful trip to Indy with my brother, as he and I are preparing to do our first BRRRR. Thanks to everyone who helped with the trip and met with us!

Our goal for this trip was not to find a property. We can do that long distance with the help of the team we are building. Our goal was to develop better relationships with our contacts, have them refer us to other contacts, get to know the neighborhoods a bit better, and get some practice with estimating rehab costs and analyzing deals.

Honing in on the kinds of places we want required lots of back and forth with multiple experienced deal finders, and it helped that we had done some of that with them over the months prior to the trip. That way we could fine tune it during the trip.

During some of our down time, we took a look at some rundown properties on our own so we could see more neighborhoods and practice some of the rehab analysis that others had taught us. We also happened across a subcontractor at a house that was getting finished up, and we got his general contractor's contact info, adding yet another potential contractor to our resources!

Even though we might have been able to start investing long distance without an initial flight out there, we are glad we did it.

Loading replies...