Votes
Sacha LaCoss
  • California
Votes |
Updating an Existing Rental-pics included

Sacha LaCoss
  • California
Posted Jan 1 2020, 05:12

I originally posted this in the wrong forum-sorry for the double post!! 

We are working on one of our properties in Albuquerque that has a single family home and a “Casita” (guesthouse) which are very common to our area in the North Valley.

They are usually rented out separately and have their own electric/gas meters with just water/trash shared.

Our goal this trip (we live out of state)  is to update/improve the property as it’s been a rental for 9 years. 

I thought I’d share our projects and progress with you all over the next 3 weeks as I have learned from and appreciate reading about everyone else’s projects.

Day #1

First up is to further separate the two houses for more privacy with a new fence. This will create a private back yard for the front house and a private front yard for the casita.

Before the back yard was shared space and neither unit had privacy

The front part of the fence will also be removed to allow parking closer to the casita and to better define the two parking areas.

To keep costs down we will be dismantling the covered area and part of an existing fence and re-use the materials to build the new fence. 

We laid out where the fence will go for visualization purposes and to start our materials list. 

We also have other left over materials from past projects and properties should allow us to complete this project for very little out of pocket and no labor costs as hubby and I are the labor. 

After pic with the covered area and the fence removed. Hey it’s a Casita!

We will repurpose the gate from the front of the house now it will be a back gate.

We also got in a dump run and worked on more sorting and organization of the storage and materials stored here.

All in all it was a very productive day.

Loading replies...