Average cash flow you expect on a SFH

3 Replies

Hey BiggerPockets, when using the BRRRR strategy what would you typically expect to cash flow on a single family house in Maryland?

What cash flow amount is your average?

How much cash flow per house makes you feel like your purchase was a good deal?

Well, if an average house can cash flow say $300 gross assuming 20% down plus closing cost on a conventional loan, and if you can do a BRRRR deal and say be only half out of pocket, would it be acceptable to only get $150 gross +?  I think as long as there is decent cash flow, it may be more critical to be out of pocket less. Just depends!!

Good luck!!

I usually require 125-150 per door at the actual rents at purchase and with whatever my down payment is going to be with additional upside in rents to consider a deal. I did once go $80 per door on one group where I put less than 1% down where there was good upside. PS I usually do small multis like groups of duplexes.

@Marcus Palm I believe its hard to give a number but we can analyze how the property value might appreciate over time and see the historic rental data to determine what is the average increase in rent over time. Finally try to rent it out for at least 0.8% to 1% of the sale price while having a positive cash flow 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you