Fundrise and personal rentals

1 Reply

I have been an investor for about 7 years and have a few properties now with one that is paid off. I have also been putting a few bucks into fundrise due to curiosity and to see if I liked it. I always want to be investing in something every week whether it is my SEP in my company or fundrise or saving for more rentals.

I am wondering what you guys think about using fundrise as a means of saving for college for my daughters. My daughters are 2 years old

and 9 months old. So obviously I am in this for the long term and don’t need to touch my rental income or the money from fundrise anytime soon.

my wife and I own our own businesses and make decent money. I don't really like the traditional ways of investing (401k,Roth IRA) although I do have a SEP for offsetting taxes in my business.

Just wondering what you guys think about that potential plan.

Thanks,

Jason

Fundrise hasn't been around that long in the grand scheme of things. Syndications generally have been around for a very long time, and got more popular this cycle due to the JOBS Act. Your typical private placement investment doesn't lend itself to DCA, but many prefer the experience of investing directly with sponsors they know, like, and trust.

Regarding offsetting taxes, see if you can find a CPA experienced in real estate who can advise you on your specific situation. The typical CPA who is not experienced in real estate will not be knowledgeable on all of the options in real estate investing. Plus as a business owner your tax situation is probably very complex.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you