Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes

Galveston Jamaica Beach STR Ground Level Living Area

Posted Apr 9 2021, 10:05

I am building a short-term rental home in Galveston Jamaica Beach on a canal lot.  The home is 2-story with 4  bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and has 1895 sq. feet of living space.  It will sleep 16 people.  1st floor master has 1 king bed, 2nd bedroom on 1st floor has 2 queens. Upstairs master has 1 king bed, 2nd upstairs bedroom has 2 sets of queen bunkbed.  

I have seen on VRBO some of the complaints about Jamaica Beach homes are that many of them have converted the ground level garage or storage area into additional living space, but it is not connected to the actual home itself and renters feel separated.  I was thinking about putting a 5th bedroom and bathroom on the ground level, but having a set of interior stairs that connect this space to the actual home.  The 5th bedroom would allow me to sleep more guests (20-22).  What are your thoughts on the number of guests that entire home should sleep?  Should I keep it at 16 or add the extra 5th bedroom and bathroom to be able to sleep 20-22?

Also, the home will have a pool and boat house which can be a huge attraction for guests.  Thanks for your feedback.

Loading replies...