• Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Starting an Airbnb and STR management company

Jenessa NeSmith
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Jan 23 2018, 12:30

So I have been an Airbnb host for about a year and a half with my primary residence (in-law suite in the basement as well as private rooms) and just got our second property up on the Airbnb market.  My wife and I do all of the work (cleaning, messaging, turnover, middle of the night phone calls, restocking essentials, etc) and we love it.  Our goal is for Airbnb to replace our 9-5 jobs until we can acquire enough properties to live fully on passive income. 

I would love to start a local company that manages listings and cleans for the Omaha area. I have spoken with several investors at local meetups that have talked about wanting to turn their rentals into STR but either don't know how and/or don't want to put the work in. I was thinking we could do all of the set up for them, as well as then managing everything afterward.

1. Has anyone started something like this? If so, how much did you charge, how did you set everything up, etc?

2. How much would you want to pay for a service like this? I was thinking 20% plus the cleaning fees?

You don't have to be in the Omaha market to answer, either, just curious if this business model has worked for other people before (either you use a business like this or started one)

Thanks!

Loading replies...