• New to Real Estate
  • Columbia, MD
Votes |
Short Term Rentals in the Poconos

James Gibbons
  • New to Real Estate
  • Columbia, MD
Posted Jul 4 2021, 07:20

Hi everyone. I’ve been/am very interested in purchasing a home as a short term rental in the Poconos.

AirDNA and Mashvisor show very promising Gross Annual Revenue and Occupancy rates.

The below thread however, shines a very gloomy light on all of my hopes.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/530/topics/711235-vacation-rentals-in-the-poconos

My main concerns are:

Townships having so much control over the future of STR's and exit strategy if Townships ban them.

I’m interested not only breaking even, but making 2-5k/month, as the analytics reflect, based on input obviously.

The house I am looking at is an a gated community on the lakefront (non motorized boats), 20 minutes from every major attraction and the Delaware water gap. I’m thinking the small LakeFront has very much appeal, but being 20 minutes, is that too far?

This is my first deal and I will be throwing all of my capital into down payment, closing, and small finishes around the house.

I’m so torn on whether I should consider another area, based on the history of the Poconos. 

If anyone familiar with this market can weigh in, I would be immensely appreciative.

Thank y’all so much!

-James

Loading replies...