Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Mike G.
Votes |
Palm Springs Vacation Rental Management

Mike G.
Posted Feb 18 2020, 09:13

I am closing this week on my first property, which I will use for short term rentals in Palm Springs. I have done pretty extensive research on what to expect with city regulations and have used a lot of online tools to project returns. But I haven't been able to find much conversation in forums about owners' experience with property management companies. Does anyone have any advice on which property management company to use in Palm Springs?

- The property already has a housekeeper, pool maintenance guy, gardener and handyman who know the home. Is it really worth paying a 25%+ fee for things like marketing, guest checkins and noise control? I live in NY and want the property to run on autopilot as much as possible, so peace of mind is important to me.

- It's a large 4 bed/4bath home on a golf course with a pool in one of the best neighborhoods, so I also want to protect my investment and make sure that it isn't being used for huge parties. Will a smaller boutique management company offer more value, or will I end just up dealing with more issues remotely?

Thank you in advance for any insights. 

Loading replies...