Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
James Sloan
Votes |
Contractor Provided Financing

James Sloan
Posted Feb 26 2022, 13:53

I was wondering, can/do contractors sometimes provide customer financing for some final portion of a project, if it goes over-budget. For instance, if a customer pays reliably the first 40 K of a project's costs, are there some who would be willing to carry the last 20 K for the interest payments? A mechanic's lien would provide them security, and they would get more in the long run.

If so, how can I find them?

In my case, I really want to replace my cabin's vinyl with exterior split-log siding, but have only enough to finish the interior.

Thanks in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#1 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Feb 26 2022, 15:02

@James Sloan

I know of no contractor that can afford to finance his projects, at least in the residential arena. Sometimes you can get third part financing, usually at loanshark interest rates

User Stats

Votes
Reed Rickenbach
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Nov 4 2022, 06:55

I am beginning to offer this for home renovation clients. I do have a pile of cash to operate the business from selling some real estate. I'm offering 15% APR over 3, 6, 12 or 18 months. Clients seem to like it.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes