Votes
Megan Campbell
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Looking to get into Airbnb Arbitrage-Florida

Megan Campbell
  • Real Estate Agent
Posted Apr 4 2022, 15:04

I'm a real estate agent in Florida, interested in Airbnb arbitrage. I have the funds, but trying to figure out where to begin is incredibly stressful. Ideally I'd like to find someone to partner with, (I could fund the operation primarily and have someone help with finding willing owners)-do I need an LLC? What about insurance? How do I even begin finding someone willing to let me do this with their property? Any insight how you got started would be greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Molly Fusco
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Florida
Replied Apr 8 2022, 18:53

Hey Megan,

I'm not sure if this will help you, as I do not know a lot about Airbnb arbitrage. I'm a local small-small-time investor in Tallahassee. I would start looking at an area that you are familiar and comfortable with, somewhere you lived or currently reside in. (In my opinion, the best area in Tally for Airbnb is Midtown or close to the campuses, but if you are looking at other cities, I would check out Tampa or Orlando.) If this is your first and only investment property, I would not recommend an LLC at this time. Eventually, as your portfolio grows then, an LLC will be beneficial at that time. An LLC simply makes it a little harder if you were ever involved in a lawsuit to allow access to your accounts and assets. It's like locking up your house and car, it makes it harder for burglars to get in, but they still can if they want to. Insurance will increase as will interest rates if this is an investment property and not your primary home. I think many investors will be seeing 6% interest rates soon if not already in the next few months. If you live in Tallahassee you should come to the next meet-up! Take care and best of luck

User Stats

Votes
Daniel A. Abreu
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, Fl
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, Fl
Replied Apr 9 2022, 18:29

Hi @Megan Campbell,

Arbitrage model is tough in that you have to find an owner/landlord willing to let you do it. Many investors I know using that model spend a lot of hours on the phone trying to get the right landlord that will say yes. Many times they are offering above-market rents and long term leases. Guaranteeing the owner more money for extended period time is going to be your best pitch. Also, explain that since you plan on doing STR, there is a cleaning after every stay, meaning there will be frequent maintenance of the property.

Hope that helps!

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Jossalyn Wallace
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Destin, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Destin, FL
Replied Apr 14 2022, 10:24

Hey Megan , I am also a realtor in Florida but I am located in the FL Panhandle. STR are huge in the market over here but certain zoning (usually the more residential areas) does not permit Airbnb's so I would definitely double check with the county in any areas you're considering that they are allowed. Are you trying to manage the airbnbs or own the properties and run the airbnbs? I previously closed a flip and I got that one from cold calling so hitting the phones for deals is especially helpful in this low inventory market.

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Johnosn
  • Accountant
  • Tallahassee, FL
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Tallahassee, FL
Replied Apr 17 2022, 13:46

I just started out with AirBNB. I took a different approach and am basically buying primary's, living/renovating them for a year, and then turning them into Airbnbs. I'm from Tallahassee. PM me if you have any specific questions. 

User Stats

Votes
Eddy Ogbekhilu
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Lutz Florida .
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Lutz Florida .
Replied Apr 19 2022, 17:50

Hi Megan, am in the Tampa/Lutz area of SF ten minutes to USF,20 Minutes to the airport,15 minutes to downtown and Raymond James stadium. Dm me if you are interested in the str arbitrage...I do have a property that is suitable for you starting out.I own an Airbnb five minutes from this property @85%-100% occupancy ,booked till December.Reach out if interested.

User Stats

Votes
Yu Liu
  • Investor
  • Tallahassee
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tallahassee
Replied Jun 3 2022, 23:32

@Megan Campbell there's a lot of YouTube resources out there, (Sean rakidzich airbnbautomated) I would start there. Funding the operation is primarily the furniture expenses, you might be able to talk to some local arbitrage people and see if they would be willing to work with you on it. Being an agent, you might have some luck talking to owners that plan to rent when they move and pitch the idea of letting you rent it and do arbitrage

@Alexander Johnosn also in Tallahassee, would love to connect 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 16 2022, 16:03

I have a property in Coral Springs Fl that’s fully furnished and turnkey I’m looking to rent long term $7500/mo. I am not sure exactly how it all works but I believe basically arbitraging is subleasing the home out. Is this something you would be interested in?…. Leasing the home from me long term and renting it out with Airbnb?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 21 2022, 12:31
Quote from @Eddy Ogbekhilu:

Hi Megan, am in the Tampa/Lutz area of SF ten minutes to USF,20 Minutes to the airport,15 minutes to downtown and Raymond James stadium. Dm me if you are interested in the str arbitrage...I do have a property that is suitable for you starting out.I own an Airbnb five minutes from this property @85%-100% occupancy ,booked till December.Reach out if interested.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 21 2022, 12:34
Hi Eddy, 

Not sure if Megan replied back to you in regards to your Airbnb property back in April, but if not, do you have pictures of your property that I may see? Is it in a safe and nice area in Tampa? I do mid term renting, so most of my tenants are staying for 30 days or longer for work. Thanks, hope to hear from you soon!

Quote from @Eddy Ogbekhilu:

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 21 2022, 12:38
Hi Megan,

I do rental arbitrage and I'm also in the masterclass of Jesse Vasquez from "The Big Break Show," on YouTube. Contact me!

Quote from @Megan Campbell:

I'm a real estate agent in Florida, interested in Airbnb arbitrage. I have the funds, but trying to figure out where to begin is incredibly stressful. Ideally I'd like to find someone to partner with, (I could fund the operation primarily and have someone help with finding willing owners)-do I need an LLC? What about insurance? How do I even begin finding someone willing to let me do this with their property? Any insight how you got started would be greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 22 2023, 18:00

I have an arbitrage in Nashville Tennessee.  It's in a new building downtown which has a waiting list. We have done the host permit, etc and insured the place. It's furnished with new furnishings and has a theme, tropical Flamingo.  We have robes and socks to match..lol

Anyway. It's up and running with about 8 confirmed bookings so far and one checkin 20-23 right now.

the operator is going to have a baby and is a high risk pregnancy and wants to let it go ASAP. 

She is only asking $20k o.b.o. to transfer everything over.

Call me for details. It's a quick sale.

Hurry, and make an offer.  in this this price index, it's sure not to last.. 

305-814-0536

Hinds