Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grove City, OH
Votes |
IGMS, Hostaway vs. Lodgify vs RMS for 2 Airbnbs?

Account Closed
  • Grove City, OH
Posted May 1 2022, 10:47

This is a question for all the short term hosts out there... in you experience/opinion for a host that has 2 - 5 units what is the best Vacation rental software to use? I have seen some previous threads  on here about this topic but Airbnb recently has added some functions possibly making certain software less attractive? For example the automated messaging function, airbnb now has messaging that can be done automatically and pulls in date/guest name and other details of the reservation. 

Im currently using IGMS and for 2 props its $57 for the plus plan. Hostaway seems expensive I have seen different prices online. 

I would like the following in a software: a calendar my cleaner can reference(which it does), automated messaging, automated reviews and financial reports. I don't wish to cross book on VRBO since I tried that and IGMS seems to have blocked out the dates on the calendar after a guest booked trough VRBO so I made that listing on VRBO inactive. Any thoughts on what the best software might be? 

User Stats

Votes
Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tennessee Florida
Replied May 1 2022, 12:45

None of them are perfect. They’re like a husband. If you’re not unhappy just stick with it. 

User Stats

Votes
Gerald Pitts
  • Asheville NC
Votes |
  • Asheville NC
Replied May 2 2022, 02:55

I like Guesty for Hosts. It provides everything you listed that you were looking for. A little unintuitive with UI, but no worse than igms. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ben Morand
  • Property Manager
  • Central Florida
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Central Florida
Replied May 2 2022, 07:32

Hey Sarah! My company uses Hospitable and it is amazing! Guesty is also a fantastic platform, but it is more for portfolios of 10+ units. I'd love to connect and chat further about it if you'd be open to it!

User Stats

Votes
Anna Antipkina
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Votes |
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Replied Oct 7 2022, 10:44
Quote from @Luke Carl:

None of them are perfect. They’re like a husband. If you’re not unhappy just stick with it. 

I wish this forum gave you option to send Emoji's because I just LOL on this one. Thanks for the laugh Luke!

User Stats

Votes
Han T.
  • Investor
  • Columbus
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Columbus
Replied Nov 21 2022, 21:19
Quote from @Anna Antipkina:
Quote from @Luke Carl:

I wish this forum gave you option to send Emoji's because I just LOL on this one. Thanks for the laugh Luke!

I too, rolled on the floor and cradled my stomach laughing so hard! lolx. Good analogy. 

User Stats

Votes
Anna Antipkina
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Votes |
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Replied Dec 1 2022, 17:04
Quote from @Luke Carl:

You were right Luke. I picked Guesty for Hosts since I'm just starting with 1 property and I'm fairly satisfied for what I need it to do right now. 

User Stats

Votes
Lynette Guy
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
  • Decatur, GA
Replied Dec 2 2022, 12:36

I've been really pleased with OwnerRez. Not sure if you've looked at it, but it's been great for my 2 properties I have listed on Airbnb, VRBO, and my own website. My housekeeper loves getting an email anytime I get a booking or when anything changes with the reservation.

User Stats

Votes
Anna Antipkina
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Votes |
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Replied Dec 2 2022, 17:23
Quote from @Lynette Guy:

I've been really pleased with OwnerRez. Not sure if you've looked at it, but it's been great for my 2 properties I have listed on Airbnb, VRBO, and my own website. My housekeeper loves getting an email anytime I get a booking or when anything changes with the reservation.

Guesty does the same exact thing and I agree, cleaners love the big heads up to new bookings. Makes it easy for me and gets me first priority with my cleaners. The only difference between the two from what I found was that OwnerRez was better for if you build your direct booking website through them because they offer damage protection, but Guesty offers damage protection now too so not sure if either is better than the other for any particular reason. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 19 2023, 17:47
Hostaway, hands down!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Moyer
  • Property Manager
  • Orlando Kissimmee, Davenport
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Orlando Kissimmee, Davenport
Replied Jan 19 2023, 20:19
Quote from @Zareena Sameen:
Hostaway, hands down!

Why?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 19 2023, 21:54
Quote from @Ryan Moyer:
Quote from @Zareena Sameen:
Hostaway, hands down!

Why?

It's highly customizable and integrates with major OTAs, a preferred partner of Airbnb, a Premier partner of Booking, an elite partner of Vrbo, and also supports Expedia, Marriott, and google travel. To add on, the user interface is easy to use. The support is very helpful and great.

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Gainsbrugh
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Feb 8 2023, 16:18

For 2 properties Guesty or Hospitable.

User Stats

Votes
Kenya L.
  • Atlanta GA ~ Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Replied Sep 24 2023, 16:35

@Rachel Gainsbrugh, Hi, What PMS would you recommend for 4 STR properties?

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Gainsbrugh
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Sep 24 2023, 16:41
Quote from @Kenya L.:

@Rachel Gainsbrugh, Hi, What PMS would you recommend for 4 STR properties?

Streamline - it’s enterprise software… so it’s a lot.  I recommend Guesty. It’s easy to use.

User Stats

Votes
Kenya L.
Votes |
Replied Sep 24 2023, 16:46

Thank you so much @Rachel Gainsbrugh! I'll take a look a Streamline, since I have some ERP experience. I'm exhausted and was wrecking my brain, so I am running to the Guesty website, right now!