Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Delaney
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Texas
Votes |
I am an agent looking to manage AirBNBs. Where do I look?

Alicia Delaney
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Texas
Posted May 6 2022, 16:08

I am interested in hosting others' STRs/AirBNBs. Other than the obvious choice of Facebook, where are some others good places where I can find property owners or landlords (rental arbitrage/subletting) that are looking for STR managers? Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Replied May 6 2022, 16:36
Quote from @Alicia Delaney:

I am interested in hosting others' STRs/AirBNBs. Other than the obvious choice of Facebook, where are some others good places where I can find property owners or landlords (rental arbitrage/subletting) that are looking for STR managers? Thanks in ad

Buy one if your own and get good at it. If they build it they will come. 

User Stats

Votes
Lien Vuong
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied May 6 2022, 20:23

You can email them on the site if you feel like its under performing. Generally they do want experience and for you to really understand the business before executing theirs. 

The Elle Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Greg R.
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied May 6 2022, 20:28

I recommend having a website built to market yourself. A lot of owners/ investors aren’t won this site and they are going to Google “Airbnb property manager”. I have a referral for an amazing web development company who is extremely cost effective. Let me know if you want me to DM over. 

User Stats

Votes
Quinn Olivarez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 6 2022, 22:27

As someone above said, owning your own is the best way to prove your value add unless you're a professional interior designer. Think about it like this - If you're under 40, it's super difficult to have built enough credit, capital and experience to purchase a property to STR. Do you think the thing standing between this person and executing an STR project is having someone sign up for a PMS and order some stuff from Amazon? Probably not. Chances are, they can handle it themselves. And if they can't, you're getting crumbs not a meal. And for folks older than 40, their interest in a hospitality business with passive returns that have yet to be tested in current economic conditions is bound to be closer to low than high.

User Stats

Votes
Chase Hoover
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Staunton, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Staunton, VA
Replied May 11 2022, 17:42

When I had a STR PM business, the majority of my new clients found me on Airbnb since my name was on a bunch of local listings that they'd see when doing their market research. Of course, this works after you've already picked up a few listings. Until then, I'd network locally as much as possible. Meet investors with LTRs and talk to them about converting to STRs.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Janus
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Replied May 12 2022, 03:44
Quote from @Alicia Delaney:

I am interested in hosting others' STRs/AirBNBs. Other than the obvious choice of Facebook, where are some others good places where I can find property owners or landlords (rental arbitrage/subletting) that are looking for STR managers? Thanks in advance!

I would connect with local brokerages that focus on working with investors. You can develop partnerships and build a stream of leads.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 12 2022, 06:04

Go to STR meetups and build relationships with as many people in that industry as possible. It would help a lot if you had a STR you own, if you don't it's fine. People more so are going to buy into you, not your services

User Stats

Votes
Conner Olsen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 12 2022, 09:15

I would talk to owners and maybe other management companies. I know some that have been so successful they have a minimum revenue cutoff because the work isn't worth the return. Maybe you can get some business from them.