Votes |
Airbnb cleaning services

Joelle Mbatchou
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Posted May 14 2022, 07:53

Hi,

This is my first time posting here! I recently started renting out one unit in a building I bought during COVID on Airbnb and am looking to hire a cleaning service (I have setup all the other processes to be nearly 100% automated). Any recommendations as to companies? I have reached out to Hostly but would love to hear if any other companies are recommended.

Thank you,

Joelle

User Stats

Votes
Ian Tyndall
  • Investor
  • Glen Allen, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Glen Allen, VA
Replied May 14 2022, 08:14

I have received a number of bids from TurnoverBnB for two different properties of mine. 

User Stats

Votes
Riley Lucchesi
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied May 14 2022, 08:30

I rent in an area where there is a high density of short term rentals. Every time I saw a cleaner I would ask for their information and receive a quote. or if I saw a car with a vacuum/trash bags on the roof I would leave a note for them to call me.

I’m not sure how frowned upon this is but you can always reach out to Airbnb hosts in your area to see if they would like to share their cleaning contact info.

@Ian Tyndall
What has your experience been with turnoverBnB? Reliability, price, etc.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied May 14 2022, 08:46

Look on FB marketplace.

User Stats

Votes
Joelle Mbatchou
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Replied May 14 2022, 08:50

Thank you for replying so quickly! 

@Ian Tyndall I will check out the TurnoverBnB which seems to have good online reviews. 

@Riley Lucchesi That's a great tip, thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Steven Caldwell
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied May 16 2022, 01:11
Quote from @Joelle Mbatchou:

Hi,

This is my first time posting here! I recently started renting out one unit in a building I bought during COVID on Airbnb and am looking to hire a cleaning service (I have setup all the other processes to be nearly 100% automated). Any recommendations as to companies? I have reached out to Hostly but would love to hear if any other companies are recommended.

Thank you,

Joelle

care to go into depth how you automated the whole process?

User Stats

Votes
Chase Hoover
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Staunton, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Staunton, VA
Replied May 16 2022, 05:58

Google "Airbnb cleaners (your city)" for starters.  Call around and talk to as many as you can.  I always prefer to use companies vs. individual cleaners.  You'll pay a bit more, but if one cleaner calls in sick or their car breaks down, you're not SOL.

User Stats

Votes
Carson McGee
Pro Member
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied May 16 2022, 13:05

Hi!

I own 11 STRs in three markets, and we have found great cleaners through Facebook Groups and other property owners. Other STR owners and operators are often very friendly and willing to share their vendors. Also, make sure to join local Facebook Groups to get new contacts. You should always vet and interview them to ensure they are a good fit. We have our cleaners do a variety of management tasks for us as well. Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Travis Timmons
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 16 2022, 13:38

I second what @Carson McGee said - other owners and local Facebook groups have been the best route for us as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Joelle Mbatchou
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Replied May 16 2022, 16:09

Thank you all for the great tips! I found a couple options already.

@Steven Caldwell I use a Channel Manager (Beds24) to automate all of the messaging (& manage reservations across multiple OTAs), and use smart lock so people can do self checkin/checkout. I also installed cameras at the property which can be checked remotely. I'd gladly be open to more suggestions if people have any.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Tyndall
  • Investor
  • Glen Allen, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Glen Allen, VA
Replied May 16 2022, 19:17
Quote from @Riley Lucchesi:

I rent in an area where there is a high density of short term rentals. Every time I saw a cleaner I would ask for their information and receive a quote. or if I saw a car with a vacuum/trash bags on the roof I would leave a note for them to call me.

I’m not sure how frowned upon this is but you can always reach out to Airbnb hosts in your area to see if they would like to share their cleaning contact info.

@Ian Tyndall
What has your experience been with turnoverBnB? Reliability, price, etc.

Very fast bids received and the pricing was good.  Some were clearly priced high, but there were some quotes right where I wanted them.  I am not sure what the service providers have to pay for leads, so I will look into that.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 17 2022, 13:16

I'd recommend thumbtack or task rabbit 

User Stats

Votes
Stacy Edwards
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Langley, WA
Votes |
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Langley, WA
Replied May 17 2022, 21:27

I found lots of cleaning recommendations on NextDoor for my area. 

User Stats

Votes
Estelle Egilsrud
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 19 2022, 15:17
Quote from @Joelle Mbatchou:

Hi,

Thank you,

Joelle

Hi Joelle,  Would you be willing to share your processes? and what they entail?  Thanks