Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Emma Fitzgibbon
Votes |
STR in The City of Philadelphia

Emma Fitzgibbon
Posted May 18 2022, 12:12

I have read some of the city regulations on STRs, It seems like they are still legal as long as you get the correct permits and licenses (yes even if it is not your primary residence). There is a city hotel tax of 8.5%. How did anyone else find themselves unable to get an STR license in Philly or run into other issues when setting up their STR?

User Stats

Votes
Adoni Conze
  • Long Island
Votes |
  • Long Island
Replied May 19 2022, 09:40
Quote from @Emma Fitzgibbon:

I have read some of the city regulations on STRs, It seems like they are still legal as long as you get the correct permits and licenses (yes even if it is not your primary residence). There is a city hotel tax of 8.5%. How did anyone else find themselves unable to get an STR license in Philly or run into other issues when setting up their STR?

I don’t have much info for you; however I have a property out there im interested in doing the same with

User Stats

Votes
Michael Porche
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Replied May 21 2022, 14:52

@Emma Fitzgibbon. from what I have heard it really isn't too difficult to obtain a license and permit for it. Have you started the process or looking to buy one?

• Real Estate Agent Idaho (#SP51160)

RY Capital Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Soto
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Newark, NJ
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Newark, NJ
Replied May 24 2022, 05:49

below is the link to the regulations for philly

https://www.phila.gov/services...