• Real Estate Agent
  • Hillsdale, NJ
Votes |
Short-Term Rental Properties in Albrightsville, Poconos

Steve Miklashevskiy
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hillsdale, NJ
Posted Jun 11 2022, 07:26

Does anyone own properties in the Poconos, in Albrightsville? Can you share your feedback on the STR-friendly communities, amenities, income potential, etc.

User Stats

Votes
John Geldert
  • Rental Property Investor
  • East Meadow New york
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • East Meadow New york
Replied Jun 15 2022, 19:19

@Steve Miklashevskiy I have an AIRBNB in Pocono lake and have a Property Management company there as well. Send me a DM and I'll share with you a breakdown of townships and STR ordinances.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Messinger
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Jun 15 2022, 20:45

Hey @Steve Miklashevskiy

My team and I own/manage 3 in Albrightsville and many more across Monroe County.  

Two STR-friendly communities I want to point out in Albrightsville are

Towamensing Trails: Generally friendly towards STRs. When accessing amenities a wristband must be purchased. If not purchased you cannot use them. 

Indian Mountain Civil Lake Association: Very Strict Rules - Each Short-term rental must be registered with the Civic Association office and an administrative fee must be paid. For every single booking, you must register the guests on a short-term rental application form

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Best of wishes,

Josh

Keller Williams Real Estate Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Steve Miklashevskiy
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hillsdale, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hillsdale, NJ
Replied Jun 28 2022, 13:18
Quote from @Joshua Messinger:

Hey @Steve Miklashevskiy

My team and I own/manage 3 in Albrightsville and many more across Monroe County.  

Two STR-friendly communities I want to point out in Albrightsville are

Towamensing Trails: Generally friendly towards STRs. When accessing amenities a wristband must be purchased. If not purchased you cannot use them. 

Indian Mountain Civil Lake Association: Very Strict Rules - Each Short-term rental must be registered with the Civic Association office and an administrative fee must be paid. For every single booking, you must register the guests on a short-term rental application form

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Best of wishes,

Josh

Josh, thanks for your response. Regarding Towamensing Trails - any new / pending STR legislature? Any changes upcoming?

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Messinger
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Jun 28 2022, 15:46

Not much news has been coming from the Towamensing Trails Legislature but right next to Albrightsville in Tobyhanna they have been pushing towards putting a new STR ordinance in place and I believe the areas around will follow putting more rules and regulations in place

User Stats

Votes
Steve Miklashevskiy
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hillsdale, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hillsdale, NJ
Replied Jun 30 2022, 10:20
Quote from @Joshua Messinger:

Not much news has been coming from the Towamensing Trails Legislature but right next to Albrightsville in Tobyhanna they have been pushing towards putting a new STR ordinance in place and I believe the areas around will follow putting more rules and regulations in place

What's the latest on Tobyhanna STR legislature? I heard they had a meeting on June 6th, but haven't seen any updates on it? What's the proposed STR legislature? Are they limiting to 180 days per year? are they allowing the actual STRs - less than 28-day stays?

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Messinger
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Jul 3 2022, 08:47

Hey @Steve Miklashevskiy

Sorry for the late response! Tobyhanna revised their draft of the ordinance at this meeting on June 6th. Tobyhanna is actually in favor of STRs and renting out your home for less than 30 days as they realize how beneficial STRs are to the area's economy. 

Here is a link to the currently updated ordinance: 

https://tobyhannatownshippa.go...

Some things I want to highlight from this ordinance are: 

- 2-3 day minimum rental 

- Whoever is reserving the home/unit must be 25 years of age or older. 

- All Short-Term Rentals must have a clearly visible and legible packet of information posted
for review within the dwelling unit containing the following information
- A Short-Term Rental Permit must be issued  to the owner of a Short-Term Rental
property.

- The STR owner must communicate with the Township prior to any renovation being
completed. This notification shall not be construed as approval through zoning, building,
or any other department or agency.

User Stats

Votes
Herb Lau
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jul 4 2022, 12:32

Hey, just tagging on since this is the most recent Poconos-area thread.

Is there any real difference between Tobyhanna and Tobyhanna Township from a governance/municipality/township POV?  Thanks.

Also @Joshua Messinger, thanks for the great info!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Messinger
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Jul 4 2022, 15:07

Hey @Herb Lau

Yes, there is a difference. 

Tobyhanna Township is a township in Monroe county that covers part of Lake Naomi/Arrowhead Lake and covers Pocono Lake entirely into part of Blakeslee.

While Tobyhanna is a community in Coolbaugh township which covers Pocono Farms, Pocono Farms East, Lake Carobeth, Dresser Lake, etc. 

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to reach out! 

All the best,

Josh 

User Stats

Votes
Herb Lau
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jul 4 2022, 19:22

Hey, just tagging on since this is the most recent Poconos-area thread.

Is there any real difference between Tobyhanna and Tobyhanna Township from a governance/municipality/township POV?  Thanks.

Also @Joshua Messinger, thanks for the great info!

Ok, so based on that, your link above applies to the township in Monroe County part and not the community in Coolbaugh township part?  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Messinger
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Jul 5 2022, 08:39

Hey @Herb Lau

The linked above ordinance is specifically for the township of Tobyhanna which is in Monroe County but it is not for Tobyhanna Township. But, I would expect an ordinance to also be put in place after the township of Tobyhanna's is put in place since it will be very easy for them to replicate in Tobyhanna Township though. 

I hope this helps! 

Best of wishes,

Josh