• NJ
Votes |
Virtual Assistant Market Research

Sarah Buslewicz
  • Rental Property Investor
  • NJ
Posted Jun 17 2022, 06:38

Hello! 

My name is Sarah and I am a licensed NJ real estate agent who is looking to start my own virtual assistant business specifically to help short term rental hosts. I am currently building out my services that I would like to offer so I am doing some market research to understand exactly what the pain points are that I can relieve for hosts. As a host, what tasks would you ideally like to delegate out to make your life easier? All input is appreciated! 

User Stats

Votes
Wilson Hunter
  • Investor
  • Greenville, SC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Greenville, SC
Replied Jun 17 2022, 08:54

Hi Sarah,

I think there are a lot of pain points for STR hosts, and you will have no issue finding problems to solve for them with virtual assistants. My suggestion for you in pitching a business (which you are always doing, even when searching for feedback / data) would be starting with "why" you want to start this business and then solicit feedback to help refine your approach and offering. It can often be ineffective to begin with the "what" or the raw product idea. Ultimately businesses are most successful if you start with your vision and the why and then go from there.

Regardless, I hope you’re able to get some helpful data points from host feedback!

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Buslewicz
  • NJ
Votes |
  • NJ
Replied Jun 17 2022, 10:43

Hey Wilson,

I really love that perspective! It definitely made me think and I can see how approaching it this way will narrow down what my focus will be rather than risking being too broad with my approach. Thanks so much for sharing! 

Rentec Direct logo
Rentec Direct
|
Sponsored
Most Customer-Friendly Landlord Software One app that does it all - with free training and US-based support.

User Stats

Votes
Gerald Pitts
  • Asheville NC
Votes |
  • Asheville NC
Replied Jun 18 2022, 09:12

Marketing.

Tweaking software.

Optimizing listing. 

Phone calls ot texts with guests (rare, but not my jam). 

Email (actually probably#1)

Bookkeeping.

Maintenance calls. 

Cleaner communication. 

I'm sure I'm leaving out some details but essentially anything where I'm in the weeds working in the business and not on scaling the business.