User Stats

Votes
John Hurley
Votes |
Experiences with ADUs: manufacturers, budgeting, str vs ltr, etc

John Hurley
Posted Jun 20 2022, 11:17

Howdy folks. 

Looking to cash-buy an ADU and put it behind a home my family owns in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm looking for a turn-key company that can handle the paperwork and put it in the ground for a flat price. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions re: companies to work with? With the uncertainty in the economy right now I want to do this with cash (let me know if I have that wrong), and would like to do this for around 45k and under. If you have an ADU, how has it performed compared to your financial projections? I'm looking at properties on Airbnb and using sites like AirDNA's rentalizer, and then low balling those numbers.

Any thoughts are appreciated- thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Shulman
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • orlando, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • orlando, FL
Replied Jun 21 2022, 05:59
Quote from @John Hurley:

Howdy folks. 

I think it's a great idea, I have an adu that I rent on Airbnb on my personal property and it almost covers my mortgage. I've done furnished finder with nurses for a few months and now switched over to.

As far as getting an adu for 45,000 bucks, I think that might be a little low. Especially after you add in furnishing it and getting it all set up for airbnb.

Looking to cash-buy an ADU and put it behind a home my family owns in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm looking for a turn-key company that can handle the paperwork and put it in the ground for a flat price. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions re: companies to work with? With the uncertainty in the economy right now I want to do this with cash (let me know if I have that wrong), and would like to do this for around 45k and under. If you have an ADU, how has it performed compared to your financial projections? I'm looking at properties on Airbnb and using sites like AirDNA's rentalizer, and then low balling those numbers.

Any thoughts are appreciated- thanks!