Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Kam Nak
Votes |
Airbnb furnishing Seattle

Kam Nak
Posted Jun 20 2022, 19:56

Hello, I recently bought a property with 2 levels. I have 6B in one unit and 2B in another basement unit. I am thinking of Airbnb'ing the property and wanted to see if anyone has any contacts for me for furnishing the place. Since the number of bedrooms and place is big it would be a ton of trips to for me to the stores/online purchases and because of my job I do not have the bandwidth to spend so much time on these purchases. So I wanted to see if there are any companies that would help me in furnishing the unit for Airbnb. I tried Cort rental and it seems insanely expensive.

Would appreciate any help from the community

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Jun 20 2022, 23:06

I would provide clubs of some kind depending on where the place is located. Gotta keep the criminals at bay! :)

Seriously @Kam Nak, are you local to the place? What is your timeline to get this done? What kind of place is it?

Having a company just come in and set it up would be insanely expensive like you found out. I feel that no matter what company you find, it will be crazy money.

You can do very well by buying used USA made furniture for pennies on the dollar. I am somewhat local to Seattle and scan Craigslist regularly and there are some awesome deals to be had. Inquiring minds want to know!

User Stats

Votes
Eric Yu
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 13 2022, 11:52

Hi Kam!

I'm in the process of building a Short Term Rental management company here in WA / have some friends who are in the furnishing side of things. PM me if you need help!

Btw, check out WA Short Term + Corporate Rentals on FB. I just kicked it off & it should be a useful resource for you!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Sergey A. Petrov
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 13 2022, 14:10

You either do it yourself or you hire someone. The number of hours that goes into it is about the same. So you either pay someone for their time or do it yourself. An alternative wouod be hiring a management company and signing a long term agreement. They invest their time and efforts upfront to get it up and running and get paid over time through a long term relationship. Let me know if you are interested in pursuing this. I have an awesome team just for this - turnkey from start to finish taking a property for what it is, repairing, repainting, upgrading, furnishing, listing and managing 

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied Aug 14 2022, 08:38

I can furnish a 3 bedroom place for under $1000.  That's the washer, dryer, fridge, stove and all the furniture.  I buy everything at estate auctions.  They are generally every Saturday morning.  All the small stuff comes from Wal Mart.  It's not rocket science.  It's common sense.

User Stats

Votes
Toni Escuder
  • Interior Decorator
  • Charlotte NC
Votes |
  • Interior Decorator
  • Charlotte NC
Replied Sep 13 2022, 09:00

My company, Guested specializes in furnishing short-term rentals. Please contact us if you are still needing help. We work across the continental US, have warehouses filled with inventory ready to ship, and perform onsite installation. We have many projects on our website you can take a look at.