Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Nichoals Dozer
Votes |
Any short term rental investors in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas?

Nichoals Dozer
Posted Jun 30 2022, 18:26

My wife and I live in Ohio but have family in the Rio Grande Valley. We're looking to purchase our next STR there. Curious if anyone in the forums lives and/or invests there?

We will be there the last week of July and I'd love to start building relationships with fellow investors in the valley. 

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Polo Vazquez
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • McAllen, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • McAllen, TX
Replied Jul 4 2022, 13:33

Hey Mr. Dozer,

I personally don't own a STR. Everytime a have a vacancy I'm too lazy to buy the furniture to turn it into a STR, but one of my good buddies does and he is making a killing on it. We have people from Mexico who come visit all the time, people that come for work for agriculture and oil and not to mention winter texans that rent for several months a time. There is definitely a market for them.

Royal Equity Property Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Nichoals Dozer
Votes |
Replied Jul 7 2022, 09:18

Thank you! That's encouraging to hear and confirms what we feel the market is like 

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Crit Tyson Williams
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mcallen, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mcallen, TX
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:15

Hey Nichoals!

I have worked with some clients that are doing STR all across the RGV and my team and I host the biggest BP investor meet up in the RGV. If you are ever curious about market date here feel free to call and pick my brain. I am a real estate agent based in Mcallen, TX. Hope this helps! Have a great day.

User Stats

Votes
Crit Tyson Williams
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mcallen, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mcallen, TX
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:16

Hey Nichoals!

I have worked with some clients that are doing STR all across the RGV and my team and I host the biggest BP investor meet up in the RGV. If you are ever curious about market date here feel free to call and pick my brain. I am a real estate agent based in Mcallen, TX. Hope this helps! Have a great day.

User Stats

Votes
Nichoals Dozer
Votes |
Replied Jul 11 2022, 10:46
Quote from @Crit Tyson Williams:

Hey Nichoals!

Thank you! This is just what I'm looking for 

User Stats

Votes
Juan Carlos Gastelum
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mexico
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mexico
Replied Jul 13 2022, 15:00

Hello Nichoals.  I am investing in the McAllen metro area from Monterrey, Mexico.  While we do not hold any STRs, we do believe that it is a great market for medium term rentals such as traveling nurses.  The Rio Grande Valley has two major economic drivers: 1) medical and 2) education.  You may also want to look into this.  Best wishes on your real estate journey, and God bless!