Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Elmer Bonilla
Votes |
Short Term Rentals Between Austin and San Antonio

Elmer Bonilla
Posted Jul 5 2022, 23:28

Hello, I'm looking to purchase a house between San Antonio and Austin preferably a new build. However it doesn't seem like much is available that can still cash flow as a long term rental. And so I'm looking into STR in these cities. Anyone own any and can talk about how well they perform in cities such as New Braunfels, Seguin, Canyong Lake, San Marcos?

Looking for realtors that specialize on STR and own some themselves.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Meneses
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 6 2022, 06:19

Howdy,

I purchased an STR through the company I work for in Wimberley in April that has been doing pretty well. From the insights tab on the airbnb app say that searches in my area are up 43% since last year. I am assuming the areas around are seeing similar searches/bookings. If you want any help on qualifying a property to see if cashflows work feel free to reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Victor Steffen
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 6 2022, 08:31

Hey my wife and I own a few LTRs and STRs in san marcos, converse, austin and san antonio. I'll PM you. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Conner Olsen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 6 2022, 08:44

@Elmer Bonilla I own STR's around Austin and run an STR management company. The properties I manage are in or around Austin so I don't have any market specific advice but can definitely give you general STR advice!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 6 2022, 09:00
Quote from @Conner Olsen:

@Elmer Bonilla I own STR's around Austin and run an STR management company. The properties I manage are in or around Austin so I don't have any market specific advice but can definitely give you general STR advice!

Austin is pretty close to San Antonio. Quite a few folks are coming down to invest in properties with more affordable pricing. What are your thoughts on this?

User Stats

Votes
Alex Talcott
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Replied Jul 6 2022, 09:07

I'll buy or build LTRs San Marcos.

User Stats

Votes
Randy Dubiskas
  • Investor
  • Borger, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Borger, TX
Replied Jul 6 2022, 17:46

I have a duplex in Seguin built in 2020.  I closed in March of 2020 in the depths of Covid.  I rented both out as long term rentals and they are cash flowing well.  You could check with Robert Hudson in New Braunfels.  He was the builder.  I think I am going to continue with LTR for these.  I have a short term rental in New Mexico that is doing well, but I like the balanced approach of having both.