• Realtor
  • Pensacola, FL
Votes |
Looking at STR Acquisition: Vieques, Fajardo, Luquillo

Mark Manship
  • Realtor
  • Pensacola, FL
Posted Jul 6 2022, 11:35

Good afternoon! My wife and I are real estate agents/investors up in the FL panhandle looking to add a short term rental to our portfolio, and have our eyes set on Puerto Rico (wife's a native) as a spot to use for our own occasional vacation spot. Right now, we're in the information collection stage, but have funds readily available (absent a local financier). We would prefer to keep our focus on the north/east portions of the island and/or Vieques. If there are any agents that could provide insight or direction--possibly a few referals for lenders that deal with CONUS-based buyers, we would greatly appreciate it - thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Kathryn Morea
  • Developer
Votes |
  • Developer
Replied Jul 6 2022, 15:24

Hi Mark,

I'm in the San Juan area myself, but I have friends who invest in those areas.  In January, we hosted a bus tour to the east side of the island to see some investors projects in Luquillo, Ceiba & Naguabo, such as guest houses using the 40% tax credit.  On July 25 we are hosting another bus tour and investor mastermind for those interested in investing in Puerto Rico.  Reach out to me directly if you would like more information.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 26 2022, 04:55
Quote from @Kathryn Morea:

Hi Mark,

I'm in the San Juan area myself, but I have friends who invest in those areas.  In January, we hosted a bus tour to the east side of the island to see some investors projects in Luquillo, Ceiba & Naguabo, such as guest houses using the 40% tax credit.  On July 25 we are hosting another bus tour and investor mastermind for those interested in investing in Puerto Rico.  Reach out to me directly if you would like more information.

Hi Kathryn,

My wife and I are in the process of buying our first property in Utuado for STR. We live in PA, but she's from PR and we usually go once a year at least for vacation. Does REIA Rico have any resources for investors that aren't physically on the island?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kathryn Morea
  • Developer
Votes |
  • Developer
Replied Jul 27 2022, 04:45

Hi Mark,

The bus tours, REIA Rico meetings and breakfast club meetings as well as the Whatsapp groups are great ways to connect when you are visiting and help make some of the connections you are looking for. I hope that helps.