Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Brian B.
  • Western Pennsylvania
Votes |
Hire a consultant for my new STR in outside of Cleveland?

Brian B.
  • Western Pennsylvania
Posted Jul 7 2022, 09:59

I recently purchased a luxury rental property minutes from Lake Milton and Berlin Lake. This is my first STR even though I have been doing LTR for years. I understand how to create processes for LTRs however I would prefer to hire someone to help me put all the processes in place to create a smooth experience for my future tenants. I am likely going to have Evovle do that the marketing and booking but they don't really help with setting up the process for the house. I hope this is not against the TOS for Betterpockets. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:14

I have not heard good things about Evolve. I would research them first.

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:15

If I were going to hire a PM, I would hire a local one to the property.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bob Willis
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Curtis, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Curtis, NE
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:16
Quote from @Luke Carl:

Read this book before you do anything! Short-Term Rental, Long-Term Wealth: Your Guide to Analyzing, Buying, and Managing Vacation Properties https://a.co/d/2ToG7ac

What @Luke Carl said.

User Stats

Votes
Brian B.
  • Western Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Western Pennsylvania
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:18
Quote from @John Underwood:

If I were going to hire a PM, I would hire a local one to the property.

Thanks I am building a local PM team to manage the property. What I am looking for is an experienced Host who can check out the property and put in place the complete check in and check out processes. What information to provide guests, and what amenities I should provide. It is a very unique property and I am not ashamed to admit that I am not an expert on hospitality which is why I am happy to hire someone who is.

User Stats

Votes
Brian B.
  • Western Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Western Pennsylvania
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:19
Quote from @Luke Carl:

Read this book before you do anything! Short-Term Rental, Long-Term Wealth: Your Guide to Analyzing, Buying, and Managing Vacation Properties https://a.co/d/2ToG7ac

Thanks I will. 

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Messinger
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Jul 7 2022, 13:38

Hey @Brian B.

Evolve is an extremely generic PM company that gets most people because of their low fee. All of their employees are outsourced as well so if you are looking to use them I would not expect your property to be kept at the standard you would like it to be at. 

My best advice would be to keep researching for more PM companies that are in your area and find which one seems to be the most local as they usually will put the most dedication/focus into their work for you since that area is their breeding ground. Another piece of advice I would recommend you take action on is finding an investor-friendly agent in the area you are looking. Some agents may actually work for a PM company or even know of several of them that are much better than the generic PM companies you will hear of. They can also give you resources of other investors in the area who may be able to help you in your current situation. 

Otherwise, if you ever need any help with anything please don't hesitate to reach out! 

All the best,

Josh 

Keller Williams Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Olmstead
  • Kapolei, HI
Votes |
  • Kapolei, HI
Replied Jul 7 2022, 17:03
Quote from @Luke Carl:

I just placed my order on Amazon!  Can't wait to read it as I heard Avery on BP.

User Stats

Votes
Brian B.
  • Western Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Western Pennsylvania
Replied Jul 8 2022, 04:05
Quote from @Joshua Messinger:

Hey @Brian B.

Evolve is an extremely generic PM company that gets most people because of their low fee. All of their employees are outsourced as well so if you are looking to use them I would not expect your property to be kept at the standard you would like it to be at. 

My best advice would be to keep researching for more PM companies that are in your area and find which one seems to be the most local as they usually will put the most dedication/focus into their work for you since that area is their breeding ground. Another piece of advice I would recommend you take action on is finding an investor-friendly agent in the area you are looking. Some agents may actually work for a PM company or even know of several of them that are much better than the generic PM companies you will hear of. They can also give you resources of other investors in the area who may be able to help you in your current situation. 

Otherwise, if you ever need any help with anything please don't hesitate to reach out! 

All the best,

Josh 

Hey Joshua, thanks for the info on Evolve. I have read mixed opinions on them. My initial thought was to use them for marketing and booking only. But I am using my own team of people on the ground housekeeping, maintenance etc. What specifically do you not think evolve will do well? I have no strong feelings either way.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 2 2022, 07:26

Have you heard about Nursesbnb? They rent to healthcare professionals across the country. They provide the process the lease agreement and everything when you list with them. Its easy and free to list